Obtaining U.S. citizenship is very important and it is the ultimate goal for so many immigrants who love this country, and who work tirelessly contributing to our country’s success. Citizens of the United States are entitled to live and work permanently in the U.S., vote in U.S. elections, serve on juries, hold a U.S. passport, and file petitions on behalf of their family members.

Children Born in the USA

Children born in the U.S. are automatically U.S. citizens, regardless of the immigration status of their parents. Sometimes, the Department of State refuses to issue passports to U.S. citizens born in this country who have either a “delayed birth certificates”, or have a “birth certificate filed by midwifes/parteras”. On such cases we have successfully brought suit against the Federal Government, forcing the Government to issue passports to the United States citizens born in this country.

Birth outside the U.S. to U.S. citizen parents

Children born abroad to U.S. citizen parents are automatically citizens of the U.S.

Naturalization of a Parent

A child born outside the U.S. may automatically become a U.S. citizen if one parent becomes a U.S. citizen prior to the child’s 18th birthday, and the child is a lawful permanent resident.

Adoption by U.S. Citizen Parents

Adopted children, under the age of 16 at the time of the adoption, who are in the legal and physical custody of at least one U.S. citizen parent, for at least two years, may become lawful permanent residents. A child must be under the age of 16 at the time of the legal adoption. If the adopted lawful permanent resident child is under 18 and at least one parent is a U.S. citizen the child also may acquire U.S. citizenship.


Generally,  anyone over the age of 18 who has been a permanent resident for at least five (5) years; who has been physically present in the U.S. for at least 30 months out of the five years prior to the date of filing of the application, and who can demonstrate good moral character, can apply for naturalization.

Special exceptions for Naturalization 

There are special exceptions for certain applicants for naturalization, including for individuals in the military etc.

We love to assist our clients with the following applications: 

  • Applications for Naturalization
  • Request for a Hearing on a Decision in Naturalization Proceedings 
  • Filing for Certificates of Citizenship
  • Filing Lawsuit in Federal Court on Denial of Applications for Naturalization 
  • Representation in Federal Court on Denaturalization Proceedings 
  • Filing Lawsuit in Federal Court to compel the U.S. Government to issue passports to U.S. citizens born in this country, with  “delayed birth certificates” or “birth certificates filed by midwifes/parteras”